Meet Dr. Derek Lee
Dr. Derek Lee is a Corporate Health and Wellness Doctor, Chiropractor and Acupuncturist. Over the past 20+ years, Dr. Lee has personally launched and managed 10 onsite corporate health and wellness clinics at numerous companies including AMEX, Kraft Canada,Transcontinental Media, Rogers Communications, Direct Energy and CGI.
He is currently providing onsite healthcare services and wellness programming at 3 locations for Rogers Communications in Toronto, Brampton and Richmond Hill and maintains a private practice in Unionville.
Dr. Lee’s unique experience in the corporate world has prepared him to meet challenges in stride. Years of collaborating with employees and executives at all levels, in a variety of industries and environments, makes for a high degree of flexibility and creativity with respect to employee wellness services and health programming.
- Dr. Lee created the Peace of Mind Protocol that educates employees on how stress works, how it affects them and leads them on a stepbystep road map to taking back control of their lives.
- Established 10 onsite corporate wellness clinics.
- Dr. Lee can be seen regularly on Rogers TV programming where he is interviewed for his expertise on stress and wellness. He has also contributed over a dozen “Dr.’s Notes” episodes which provide health tips to the GTA television audience.
- Dr. Derek Lee also actively educates employees through corporate lunch and learns, workshops, speaking engagements, health fairs and online webinars. Participating corporations include, Rogers Communications Inc., Direct Energy, Hewlett Packard, AMEX, Supremex Inc., Sears, Delfour, Kraft, Nabisco, Lithotech/Norampac, CH2MHill, SKF Canada, Transcontinental Media, Salvation Army, Nielsen and others.
- Implemented a Remote Health Coaching Program to assist employees in making good healthy lifestyle choices throughout North America for Direct Energy.
- Hosted a popular monthly Wellness Conference Calls/webex on health related topics ranging from nutrition to ergonomics and stress management for Direct Energy.
- Created an internet based Employee Health and Wellness Portal to give employees access to inhouse created wellness content for Direct Energy.
- Created a discount supplement website for employees to order professional supplements at www.nutrientpro.com for Direct Energy.
Health and Wellness Doctor, Rogers Communications Inc. Toronto, ON 2000 – present
Currently supports 3 worksite clinics at 3 Rogers Communications facilities. Services to employees range from health and wellness programing, chiropractic, acupuncture and massage therapy to nutrition and stress management counseling. Employee education is paramount.
Dr. Lee collaborates with a team of medical doctors, physiotherapists, massage therapists and nurses to maintain high employee health standards.
Dr. Lee has collaborated with Rogers TV to produce a number of health and wellness videos that are televised throughout the Greater Toronto Area.
Health and Wellness Doctor, North America, Direct Energy, Toronto, ON 2007 – 2014
Dr. Lee was Direct Energy’s Health and Wellness Doctor for North America. Administering onsite health services provides a tremendous opportunity for employees to attend immediately to their health concerns.
Dr. Lee’s duties included creating and implementing employee wellness programs throughout North America. Employee environments include sedentary inside office workers and outside active technicians.
He delivered consistent programs with high engagement which in turn supported a high ROI. Dr. Lee previously managed 2 worksite corporate health and wellness clinics. He implemented a Remote Health Coaching Program to assist employees in making good healthy lifestyle choices throughout North America. Hosted popular monthly Wellness Conference Calls/webex on health related topics ranging from nutrition to ergonomics and stress management. Traveled to corporate locations to engage employees in health and wellness initiatives including quick start nutrition programs through workshops and seminars. Created a discount supplement website for employees to order professional supplements at www.nutrientpro.com. Created a Direct Energy Wellness Blog to keep employees current with up to date health information.